Needs after brain injury are not static and are changing over time.
At Chrysalis, we understand this, and can adapt to suit. We will both celebrate and congratulate you on your achievements and likewise, we will be the support that is needed during your struggles and challenges.
Your Chrysalis Case Manager will be there to support, encourage and motivate you through this progression.
We offer a full mental wellness, health, fitness and lifestyle assessment for each client undertaken by our highly skilled Personal Trainers and Lifestyle Consultants. From this, they will devise a personally tailored plan to improve your overall functioning. Using the latest digital technology to monitor health, activity and sleep we are able to remotely access data and statistics to measure your progress on a daily basis.
Providing one-to-one support sessions
- Devising a bespoke, person-centred care plan.
- Listening to the wishes of the client.
- Clearly defined goals to improve their quality of life.
- Risk assessing your accommodation and if it is not suitable, making recommendations to adapt the property or alternatively, rent or assist with the purchase of suitable accommodation.
- Offering family support and advice to help with the huge strain that brain injury puts on the whole family unit.
- Advising on and encouraging healthy lifestyle choices that aid brain recovery.
Sourcing specialist, rehabilitation services
- Facilitate recovery, including (but not limited to): neuropsychology, neuropsychiatry, neurological physiotherapy, speech therapy and occupational therapy.
- Sourcing equipment and technology for use at home to help make life easier.
- Recruiting and managing, appropriately qualified support workers to fulfil the needs of the client.
- Referring clients to medical professionals who can help treat specific issues.
- Encouraging social interaction to make new or connect with existing friends
- Introducing new interests or variations of old hobbies.
- Providing support to help people start or get back into education, voluntary opportunities and work.
- Connecting clients with local community services such as; arts activities, group learning, gardening, befriending, cookery, nutritional advice and sports, to integrate people into their local community and enrich their life.
By listening to our clients, & their loved ones, we can work together to devise & implement a comprehensive care plan, that meets their individual needs. We then:
The case management assessment is the first step in the process. An appointment will be arranged within 2 weeks of the initial contact, for you to meet your new Case Manager, and for them to complete the immediate needs assessment . This assessment records your personal details, who is involved in your care, your current medical, physical and psychosocial condition, and any immediate needs you may have.
Your Case Manager will then prepare an immediate needs assessment report, which will make recommendations for necessary future care, equipment, support and rehabilitation, including the costings for such.
These recommendations are used in conjunction with your wishes and goals, to develop a holistic, person-centred support plan that is tailored to your unique requirements.
Once the case management recommendations are authorised by the funders, they will be implemented as soon as possible. This will ensure that there are no delays to the high quality service that we wish to provide you.
Our team will monitor your progression, to ensure that you are getting the most out of your treatment plan. We will continue to re-assess the rehabilitation programme to see if any improvements or adjustments need to be made to ensure the best possible outcome during your recovery from brain injury.